[Sca-cooks] amounts of food per person

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Apr 4 18:42:55 PDT 2011

> On 5/04/2011 10:45 AM, Kathleen Roberts wrote:
>> i always buy thighs when i do chicken.  the ambiance may suffer, but one
>> thigh a piece (in a three meat meal) seems to work pretty well.   at
>> least no major problems yet. ;)
>>

> Yer what?  How does a nice chicken thigh interfere with the ambience?
>
> I serve whole thighs if they're small and cut them in half if they're
> large.
>
> Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

They certainly don't interfere with the eating.

Whole chickens are great for appearance or in specific whole chicken dishes,
but on a couple of occasions, I've been the only person at the table that
knew how to carve a whole chicken.  I also am of the opinion that thighs
provide the most meat for the least cost.

Bear