[Sca-cooks] Peacock with bong

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Apr 6 03:38:48 PDT 2011

The website is described at one place as:
"Still-lifes with bongs, Van Dyck’s precocious talent, false
forgeries, and Vermeer over mint-juleps" An recent OMNP discovery-this
lighthearted website is the brainchild of Jan Peeters and Hermann
Wundrum, two art history professors with a penchant for the eloquent
as well as the absurd. Pithy reflections on altered images like the
one above, “Still Life with Cheeses, Bong and DVD, 1615, have produced
commentary such as this by Peeters: “Not even the great Pieter Claesz,
in his seminal Still Life with Peacock Pie, Bong, and St. Elmo’s Fire
DVD (1627) captured damask with such verve."

You aren't imagining them. Pithy reflections on altered images...

Johnnae