[Sca-cooks] the undead chicken and eggs

Guenievre de Monmarche guenievre at erminespot.com
Thu Apr 7 10:36:43 PDT 2011

I did that one for a feast once - even gilded the outside of the birds. One
trick is that most of the period recipes I've seen for that, or at least the
ones I was working from, call for adding pork or other meats to bulk out the
chicken - one has to make up the mass of the bones and other bits you've
removed if you want it to look like a plump bird rather than a skinny one.
Since there are so many people who don't eat pork, I didn't want to do that
- the solution? a hardboiled egg in the middle.

Guenièvre