[Sca-cooks] OP: fwd: OH my Holy Bacon!!!

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 8 22:54:17 PDT 2011

My efforts pertaining to the Bacon Trend have been more subtle.  The
most successful so far has been Toll House Cookies with rendered bacon
fat left over from breakfast substituted for butter in the dough.  My
young beta tester opines that it needs more BCB's [brown crunchy bits].

He also tried "Browned Butter and Candied Bacon" ice cream off a food
truck last weekend and wouldn't let me have any.  Brat.  He liked it,
but 12 year olds will eat anything.

SPEAKING OF BACON:  Instructables.com, the all-purpose DIY site is
running a contest.  Best Bacon Invention wins a new iPad.  I'm working
on submissions even now.
http://www.instructables.com/contest/bacon/

Cheers,
Selene