[Sca-cooks] Trude Ellert's Das Kochbuch des Mittelalters:

wheezul at canby.com wheezul at canby.com
Thu Apr 14 13:09:11 PDT 2011

> Hmmm. Appears to be another version of the Harpestrang. Anybody out
> there know more about this source?

If one is looking for more information it is important to note that the
author is Trude Ehlert, not Ellert.

She has several books on medieval German cookbooks, including one
co-authored by Thomas Gloning.

Here are 2 possible contenders:

Ehlert, T. (1991). Das Kochbuch des Mittelalters: Rezepte aus alter Zeit.
Zürich: Artemis.

or

Ehlert, T. (2010). Küchenmeisterei: Edition, Übersetzung und
Kommentar zweier Kochbuch-Handschriften des 15. Jahrhunderts ; Solothurn S
490 und Köln, Historisches Archiv GB 4 ̊27 ; mit einem
reprographischen Nachdruck der Kölner Handschrift. Frankfurt, M:
Lang.

I think I have one of these at home.  If someone else doesn't pipe up I
may have time after the weekend to dig through it.

Katherine