[Sca-cooks] Monastic Cooking

Susanne Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Sat Apr 16 00:50:17 PDT 2011

Hello

All three texts in the Doris Aichholzer book: Wildu machen ayn guet essen...

are books given and or where written in Monasteries in Austria: The Dorothea
Monastery in Vienna, The Mondseeer cookbook was given to the Monastery
Mondsee 1453, The Innsbrucker text was found in monastery and owned by
Maximilian I, but it is not clear if he bought it or if it was a heriloom
book.

And no one knows if this books were only kept in a library or actualy use in
the kitchen of the cloisters.

Katharina