[Sca-cooks] Adjusting your Feast budget for Comps

Deborah Hammons mistressaldyth at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 15:12:15 PDT 2011

I wish I had negotiated this one.  I was asked to cook, and after thinking a
day, said yes.  The event steward was waiting to hear what was going on with
the financials from Kingdom, because she had found a site, and needed the
deposits, etc.  In the beginning, she thought cooking for 300 was the plan.
 Well, the hall only seats 250, and that is in presentation mode.  The write
up says  I will feed 250 or how ever many paid reservations I have up to
that number by May 1.  I told them I needed $5 a head, and they delivered me
a check for $750 which covers feeding 150.  I think that is probably more
realistic.  I am assuming the feast will be break even, and they are making
any money they might expect from the site fees.  I am taking notes, just in
case the incoming Crown thinks this kind of event is still a good idea.

Aldyth