[Sca-cooks] Monastic Cooking

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 24 01:13:03 PDT 2011

Giano commented back on April 16:
<<< The Mittelniederdeutsches Kochbuch/Woldfenb?ttel MS and the
Inntallkochbuch are also from monastic contexts AFAIR. The K?nigsberg
MS comes from the library of the Teutonic Order, probably not exactly
what you're looking for, but monastics of a kind. All three are on
Thomas Gloning's website. There are translations of the Inntal and
Konigsberg in the Florilegium, but they're not all that good.

Giano >>>
Just in case folks didn't take the time to take a look at the
translations that Giano mentioned, Giano is the author of the above
two mentioned translations, so his opinion that "they're not all that
good." may be a bit biased.

Of course, if you find any places in your translations, Giano, that
you wish to update or improve as you learn more and get comments, my
policy is that I will update these files. You just need to tell me
where to change things.

Stefan

Inntal-art (32K) 6/29/05 An early 16th century recipe collection from
Bavaria translated by Giano Balestriere.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Inntal-art.html

Konigsberg-art (28K) 6/29/05 A 15th century cookbook from East Prussia
translated by Giano Balestriere.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Konigsberg-art.html
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com