[Sca-cooks] fourth grade help

Honour Horne-Jaruk jarukcomp at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 16:11:59 PDT 2011

Respected friends:

(much snipped)
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:27 AM,

--- On Thu, 4/28/11, Craig Daniel <teucer at pobox.com> wrote:
> This is a good suggestion.
>
> My approach would be to say that they weren't called
> "chefs" back
> then, but that there were cooks who ran the kitchens for
> important lords and ladies...

     The original poster implied, I believe, that the child wanted a medieval name for a cook's position fancier than cook or chef. If she wants to make something dessert-like, may I suggest Patissiere? The great noble houses certainly had them and it sounds much more exotic than "cook".
     Also, to keep the presentation impressive through 200 viewers, she could build her castle, but feed the viewers gunstones from inside it. (Or, if she's ambitious, tiny model soldiers, etc.)

Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
(Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

"If you're a normal human, the inside of your head is not a pretty
place. Venting it unfiltered to the internet may feel therapeutic,
but it's unlikely to end well."
--Goedjn