[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Pot Luck/Gathering for Kiri

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Sun Apr 10 16:03:25 PDT 2011

Greetings all,

I have been in contact with the Baroness of Kiri's home group.  I told her
that we would like to hold our more-or-less annual Cook's Gathering in an
A&S tent and dedicate it to Kiri.  I told her that I didn't want to step on
the toes of anyone in their group, but wanted to coordinate if any other
plans were being made.  Now that the memorial service is over, we have
touched base again.  She said the folks in her group thought that a pot-luck
was the perfect thing and that Kiri would have loved it.  She didn't know if
Phillip was planning something personal or not, but he also liked the idea
of a pot-luck.

I am in the process of filling in an A&S tent request form.  I'm going to
ask for 5-7PM on either Monday or Tuesday night of the 2nd week.  If you
have strong opinions about either of those times or some other date or time,
make them known now, and I'll take as much into consideration as possible
before finalizing my request.

And now a question:  What to name this for the class schedule?  In the past
we've just called it the SCA Cook's List Gathering or something like it.
I've been working on my taxes all day and I'm not coming up with anything
really snappy, so I thought I'd ask here for input.  Cooks for Kiri?  Cook's
Celebration for Kiri?

Someone help me.

Christianna