[Sca-cooks] Cream cheese?

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 03:00:29 PDT 2011

Another variation of the ricotta topic, the Swiss Serac cheese

http://www.theramblingepicure.com/archives/10666

Ana

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>wrote:

> <<< So, amongst our collective wisdom, does anyone know the age/origin of
> the smooth white cheeses like cream cheese and mascarpone?
>
> Liutgard, experimenting... >>>
>
> Here is some of what we've discussed previously on cream cheese:
> fresh-cheeses-msg (70K) 1/ 1/11 Fresh cheeses such as cream cheese and
> cottage cheese. Non-aged cheeses.
> http://www.florilegium.org/**files/FOOD-DAIRY/fresh-**cheeses-msg.html<http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-DAIRY/fresh-cheeses-msg.html>
>
> I suspect we can't know that much about the history of such cheeses, since
> they probably go back to pre-history, being the easiest cheeses to make.
>
> Another file on cheese history:
> Cheese-Histry-art (37K)  7/10/10  "Cheeses, A History" by Mistress Marcia
> of
>                                     Jarrow Motte.
> http://www.florilegium.org/**files/FOOD-DAIRY/Cheese-**Histry-art.html<http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-DAIRY/Cheese-Histry-art.html>
>
> Stefan
>
> --------
>   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/**marksharris<http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris>

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci