[Sca-cooks] Xinxanella

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 15:44:24 PDT 2011

When translating Nola's recipes, Brigid commented that she did not look
up the meaning of this word for the recipe: VENETIAN XINXANELL
My Venetian neighbors and my Spanish History doctorate friends have
searched high and low over the past week and finally we found that
Xinxanella is the diminutive of Xinxana or/Xinxa pudent/in Catalán for
the species/Coreus marginatus/, which in English is "dock bug"  or
"little girl dock bug," which must refer to the size of the pasta.
This appears in my blog: "ALMUESTRA"  at http://spanishfoodma.blogspot.com/
Suey