[Sca-cooks] sekanjabin, was: Freezing tarts.

Sayyeda al-Kaslaania samia at idlelion.net
Tue Aug 30 16:20:19 PDT 2011

I simmer it for substantially longer to burn off the
back-of-the-throat-vinegar-bite. The syrup coats the back of a spoon
like Dayquil when I'm done. I also add handfuls of mint, rather than
sprigs, and add it as soon as the sugar is fully dissolved. Use cider
vinegar or wine vinegar-- white vinegar is... really good for cleaning.

    * 6 cups sugar
    * 10 cups water
    * 4 cups wine vinegar
    * pick one: