[Sca-cooks] Favorite Medieval dish?

Susanne Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Wed Aug 17 12:37:53 PDT 2011

First my Congartulations,...

Second, I regret that we did not have time to talk more at TMT this year

Third, I would either bring candied orange peel (made after the recipe in
Culepeppers Herbal)
and / or  a Hypocras (from Maggie Black's The medieval cookbook, original
from Curye on Inglysch IV 199)
or Nucato, spiced honey nut crunch ((from the medieval kitchen,
(Redon/Sabban), Original from Zambrini, Libro della cucina del secolo
and last but not least Spinach flan (can be eaten warm and cold) with sugar
and cinnamon flavour (from the English heritage series books: Food and
cooking in 16Th Cent Britain by Peter Brears, Original from the good
huswifes jewell)

Greetings from Drachenwald
Katharina