[Sca-cooks] Making sausage

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 09:28:36 PST 2011

Gunthar - where is this fund raiser going to take place?  I'm up for
putting in a bid or two!

For 12th night we've made whole grain honey mustard and we'll make some
fresh granola to give out.  With neither of us working right now we've had
to economize.  I'm hoping people like it.  My husband said the mustard was
a bit sharp at first but it's mellowed - I'm glad I made it up ahead of
time.

We use our Big Green Egg to smoke things.  We bought my husband the
Modernist Cuisine for his birthday and he's been having fun with it.  We
have a commercial grade water bath so he's been making 48 hour ribs.  Smoke
the ribs for 7-8 hours and then sous-vide them for 48.  Yum Yum!  He makes
the vinegar sauce because that's what I like.  He's made the 72 hour
brisket too.  Modernist Cuisine seems to lean heavily on sous-vide but he
like doing it and the food comes out really nicely.

Have fun making your sausage.

Shoshanah