[Sca-cooks] udder things to consider

lcm at jeffnet.org lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Feb 3 08:45:02 PST 2011

That sounds familiar. My grandfather was captured at the Battle of
the Bulge and spent the rest of the war in a German prison camp.
After he got home (6' tall and 130 pounds), he would not eat soup of
any kind unless is had so many crackers in it that is was the
consistency of thick oatmeal. Apparently what passed for soup in the
camp was water with the occasional bean in it.
 Liutgard
 On Thu 02/03/11  7:25 AM , "Cat ." tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com sent:
 Watch-it!  ;-)
 But if anyone does try it I am VERY curious.  I mentioned the
recipes to my
 mother who looked horrified and stated that having had to eat udder
(as a kid in
 Germany during WW2) and be grateful for having had food at all) she
compared it
 to eating a hot water bottle (rubbery, slippery, and icky) but do
keep in mind,
 she was a kid... she hates barley because the soup she had to eat
had the barley
 soaked to the size and shape of calves teeth to the the most volume
from each
 grain.... wont eat potatoes that are not peeled - ate enough potatoe
peels to
 last a life time...
 In Service
 the One, the Only, the Original Gwen Cat