[Sca-cooks] udder things to consider

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu Feb 3 08:56:58 PST 2011

>Is this one of those historical dishes like horse that was eaten
>during harsh times? I can't imagine someone just decided one day, "
>I am going to serve cow udder to the King today."
>Aelina

It's not on any of the Rumpolt menu lists.. 40 some pages worth.

I just noticed more Rumpolt udders recipes

calf udder "Euterlein", boiled, grilled, then served with verjuice,
broth, butter, grapes from the verjuice, and ginger.

sheep udder, boiled, grilled, with salt and pepper.. or white
"eingemachen" or yellow with parsley root, sour or not   or with
twenty egg yolks and a little vinegar, a little broth, butter, and
green herbs.

a pie of cooked cow udder, cut in cubes, fresh butter, chopped bacon,
ginger  in a white dough, after baking make a hole and pour in a sour
stock made from egg whites.

Ranvaig
btw..one shift key is broken, so apologies for being sloppy with caps.