[Sca-cooks] Looking for a Recipe for Lamb Meatballs

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 4 23:41:03 PST 2011

<<< No, I looked at that and it does not appear to be the one.  The ground lamb and the dates (it seemed like took forever when I was cutting up the dates) and ginger (I think) are mixed up, formed into meatballs and cooked and served in lamb broth or beef broth. You would never know that the recipe is lamb meatballs because it is called something else, fartlings or partlings or phartlings , etc >>>

Try this file in the FOOD-MEATS section of the Florilegium. There are a number of lamb meatball recipes in there. Enough that I don't want to list them all to this list, as it would probably be a digest or more of them.

lamb-mutton-msg (136K) 7/29/06 Medieval lamb and mutton. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/lamb-mutton-msg.html

Also, this one might be worth a look:
meatballs-msg (20K) 10/18/06 Period dishes with meatballs.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/meatballs-msg.html

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com