[Sca-cooks] Nutmeg, Mace, and Other Parts of the Plant

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Mon Feb 7 12:04:53 PST 2011

Ouverture refers to "leaf of nutmeg" (fueille de muscade), which I
have interpreted as probably referring to mace.  A modern recipe
from the Netherlands refers to "leaves of mace" (blaadjes foelie).

Elsewhere Casteau has "flower of nutmeg" (fleur de muscade) which
I believe definitely refers to mace.

Thorvald