[Sca-cooks] Fw: [Summits] Fw: Officially Period...the tomato

wheezul at canby.com wheezul at canby.com
Thu Feb 10 17:10:11 PST 2011

Actually the Mattioli 1611 edition is what started this all.  It says that
the Italians ate tomatoes cooked with oil, vinegar and pepper (and in the
1590 link below).  Further, it is unhealthy and not very nutritious.  The
key item for me though, is that he seems to say that these are common
plants in gardens.

Katherine