[Sca-cooks] Ideas for cold dairy free finger food

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 10:53:53 PST 2011

The only problem is that many of them, particularly shortbread, have butter
in them, and that's dairy.  I know that, from my father's experiences, even
the slightest bit of dairy can set the allergy off...I remember quite well
his reaction to a pound cake that was made with butter.

Just be careful with whatever cookie or cake you choose...make sure that
it's made with oil rather than butter...depending on the recipe, you might
even be able to substitute almond milk for milk!

Kiri

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:

> Welcome to the list.
> No dairy? What does she like? Maybe a selection of
> wafers, cookies, gingerbread, shortbreads, flatbreads, etc.???
> All of those would keep.
>
> Johnnae llyn Lewis
>

> On Feb 13, 2011, at 4:51 AM, Elizabeth Walpole wrote:
>
>  Hello, I'm new to this list, I'm mostly a beginner when it comes to period
>> cooking but I bought a copy of Pleyn Delit last Easter and have used a
>> couple of the recipes for our Barony's monthly potluck.
>> Anyway, on to my question. We have a daytime recruiting demo for our
>> college coming up this week, I planned to reward all the volunteers
>> with something to eat and was planning on making ember day tarts.
>> However one of our key volunteers can't eat any dairy products so I'm
>> a little stuck on what I can make for her that will be good finger
>> food and will still taste good if its served cold (we will be outdoors
>> so no ability to reheat anything) Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
>> Elizabeth

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince