[Sca-cooks] Wood Barrels

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Thu Feb 3 10:05:23 PST 2011

I am finding lots of barrels (mostly for wine) but finding the right size in the right woods are the problem.
What I think I need to do is find a barrel maker and commission the wood I want.
The first one I will need is a 75 liter Chestnut! It says it could also be Oak. The second one would be a 50 liter Cherry (that one is going to be hard to find).
More research into exactly which woods is needed and a detailed process.
BUT I am going to try this in the fall when the grape harvest comes in!

Anyone in the Seattle area up for it?

Eduardo

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.net