[Sca-cooks] goats milk cheese recipe

wheezul at canby.com wheezul at canby.com
Fri Feb 4 19:42:42 PST 2011

I think Nam would agree with your decision.  Translating roughly the very
issue of the variants of the spelling starting in the 12th century is
addressed.  Because of the nature of the almost identical pronunciation we
have a whole "palette de declinaisons: bombax, bombex, bambix, bombacium,
bambacium, bombecium, bambaxium, bambasium, bombace, bambace, bonbace,
banbace, bambagio, banbagio, bambagia, banbagia, wambasium, gambasium."
The explanation continues that the most used terms were "bombace (bambace,
banbace, bonbace) and bambagio (bambagia, banbagio, banbagia)".  To
correct my typo - that's the *Brill and not *Bill*.

It is a common thought in the SCA that medieval people did not have cotton
clothing, and that is far from universally true.  It's one of those
"spices cover the rotten meat flavor" blanket statements. It's probably a
partially a backlash against cotton t-tunics.

Returning to topic - one wonders if there was a lightly woven cheese cloth
used?

Katherine