[Sca-cooks] Mattioli's Mushrooms

wheezul at canby.com wheezul at canby.com
Thu Feb 10 10:18:38 PST 2011

o with umlaut. (o:hr = ear) - rabbit's ears.

Does anyone know what a cooked calf's caul looks like?  Image searching
has failed me...

And it is looking from the likes of the four documents I've looked at that
pfefferlinge may indeed by the peppery milkcap and not the chanterelle, as
they are said to be white and give off a very peppery milk by Bock.  But
that doesn't take into account regional variation possibilities.  Or that
the four documents are all using each other as references.  So far I'm
leaning to the Rehling/Hendelschwamm as the chanterelle.

I'm also thinking of looking at a few more herbals.

I am making a spreadsheet but am not sure how to share it.  Maybe I can
make it into a jpg and put it in my LJ gallery.  (Thinks)

Katherine