[Sca-cooks] Ideas for cold dairy free finger food

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Feb 13 14:37:59 PST 2011

How strictly non-dairy is the allergy? (is it an allergy?) If it's so
strict as to not to allow baked
goods with a bit a butter and margarine or oil doesn't work, then
perhaps you
should just provide a commercial product that works. What does she eat?
What can she tolerate would be the questions then? Fruit only?

Johnnae

On Feb 13, 2011, at 1:53 PM, Elaine Koogler wrote:

> The only problem is that many of them, particularly shortbread, have
> butter
> in them, and that's dairy.  I know that, from my father's
> experiences, even
> the slightest bit of dairy can set the allergy off...I remember
> quite well
> his reaction to a pound cake that was made with butter.
>
> Just be careful with whatever cookie or cake you choose...make sure
> that
> it's made with oil rather than butter...depending on the recipe, you
> might
> even be able to substitute almond milk for milk!
>
> Kiri
>>
>> On Feb 13, 2011, at 4:51 AM, Elizabeth Walpole wrote:
>>> However one of our key volunteers can't eat any dairy products so
>>> I'm
>>> a little stuck on what I can make for her that will be good finger
>>> food and will still taste good if its served cold (we will be
>>> outdoors
>>> so no ability to reheat anything) Thanks in advance for your
>>> suggestions.
>>> Elizabeth