[Sca-cooks] Historical Food Like Modern Food

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Feb 18 10:38:52 PST 2011

Try a search under "traditional".
(I hate the term but "periodoid" pulls up items too. Also search under
"non-medieval".)

Back in December 2003 there was a thread under
Period Foods: How to Fake It! - More Clearly
So the question is how have you "Faked It" either through
substitutions or food choices to give the FEEL/LOOK of more period
foods at your lunch or off board table (remember not referring to real
feasts here). The idea is to give non cooks the impression that you
don't have to research every recipe or have master chef level skills
to make the effort to make a simple lunch table look and taste more
period. Remember it's not about proclaiming fake as real.

In September 200r there were discussions going on under Period or no?
--------
I suppose the question is which period dishes do they hate?
Plain basic meats are plain basic meats. Is it the sauces, the names
of the dishes, the combinations, too spicy? What?
Is it cooked badly?
If you could determine what is seen as offensive, then you could
search the items.

Does this help?

Johnnae