[Sca-cooks] odd

Colin MacNachtan colin at mccr.org
Sun Feb 20 07:20:50 PST 2011

On Sunday, February 20, 2011, Huette von Ahrens wrote:
> What a ridiculous and bigoted thing to say.  Both Hispanics and Middle
> Easterners are Caucasians/white and culturally known to eat goat.  What
> race does he/she think they are?  Being Hispanic or Middle Eastern is an
> ethnicity, not a race.  And by the way, Hindu Indians are also Caucasians,
> even though some have darker skin than Africans.
> Huette
>
> --- On Sun, 2/20/11, Colin MacNachtan <colin at mccr.org> wrote:
>

> According to my goat dealer, everyone but white people eat goat.

I do apologize.  I'm sure he did not intend to offend anyone in his statement,
nor did I in repeating it.

As a Texas good old boy rancher I believe his use of "white" was intended to
mean "Anglo-American culture", which is a fairly common use of the term in
these parts, however inaccurate it may be.

Colin