[Sca-cooks] odd

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sun Feb 20 16:15:26 PST 2011

The term for this individual behavior is "professional Scot."  More commonly
you meet "professional Irish."  They are U.S. citizens who wrap themselves
in their ethnic identity for whatever reason, as opposed to those who merely
commemorate their ethnicity or who live in an active ethnic community.

I have a friend who is "professional Irish" and I understand the behavior,
but I don't understand the attraction.  Of course, I'd have a problem
deciding which of my various ancestral ethnicities to take on.

Bear