[Sca-cooks] My upcoming feast...

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Fri Feb 25 20:46:29 PST 2011

>  In the following quote from the "Baburnama" (Babur's Memoirs) the Emperor
>describes apricots from one of the regions he passed through.
>
>"A type, from which the stone is removed and stuffed with almond paste and
>then dried is called subhani.  It is really delicious."

That sounds as though the stuffing is done before the apricot is
dried. I may try that when our apricots come ripe this year.

>I have used recipes from your Miscellany in the past and they are great.  In
>this case I had just received a copy of al-Warraq and wanted to play with
>them a little on my own.
>It's great to have recipes already redacted, but
>every now and then I like to try doing it myself.

Absolutely. Working from the original is more fun than working from
secondary sources, and more educational as well.

>Wish me luck tomorrow

I wish you luck.

>.  I have a lot of good cooks helping me out.

At Thirty Year the local cooks guild invited visiting cooks to do a
feast, with the guild providing all necessary support. Elizabeth and
I did an Islamic one. I won't swear that all our deputy cooks,
dishwashers, et. al. were cooking laurels, but it felt like it.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com