[Sca-cooks] My upcoming feast...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 27 00:23:23 PST 2011

<Kiri> >If you have any comments or questions, let me know...

<Ranvaig> >It sounds so good, wish I could be there.  Please share recipes.

Yes, please do.  I would appreciate seeing both the original dishes and your redactions, since I suspect many of these dishes are from sources that many folks don't have.

I'd also appreciate a critique of how the feast goes, what dishes people liked, which ones don't go over as well and those that you had problems with and how you solved them. Lately I haven't been seeing as many feasts reviewed here as in the past. I like to save these reports and any comments that other people have about them. While I don't know how often they get read in the Florilegium, they can be a wonderful starting place for someone interested in a particular culture as well as a bit of inter-kingdom anthropology. Sometimes a counter-example to comments like "You can't serve fish in the SCA" or "Kingdom X (or region Y) doesn't put on period feasts".

<<< Judhaba of Bananas (Arabic 10th c.) >>>

This can wait until after the feast, but is this really bananas, or are these plantains?

<<< Subhani (Apricots stuffed with marzipan) North Indian >>>

Sounds like a good 'finger food', which I need to come up with one of, for a dance revel later today (Sunday). finding dried appricots might not be easy, though.

Thanks,
  Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com