[Sca-cooks] My upcoming feast...

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sun Feb 27 13:54:01 PST 2011

> <<< Judhaba of Bananas (Arabic 10th c.) >>>
>
> This can wait until after the feast, but is this really bananas, or are
> these plantains?
>

> Thanks,
>  Stefan

It's really bananas, if it's the recipe of which I am thinking.  Although
you could replace the bananas with plantains with little effect on the dish.

You take a round of bread, cover it with bananas, cover the bananas with
sugar and repeat until you fill the pan.  Drench the contents with
rosewater.  Place it in an oven with a chicken suspended above it. Roast.

The judhaban is a large, low-sided pan used to cook various dishes under
roasting meat.  The dishes are named for the pan.

Bear