[Sca-cooks] tomato, eggplant finds and open questions

emilio szabo emilio_szabo at yahoo.it
Sun Feb 13 16:33:24 PST 2011

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/actahort745.pdf

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/chronicaeggplant.pdf

http://asclepio.revistas.csic.es/index.php/asclepio/article/download/403/401

<<

What would be interesting, and which I do not have time to do now, is check
Clusius's Rariorum aliquot stirpium per Hispanias observatarum historia
(1576) for references to the tomato.  Clusius's work was prepared from
observations made while travelling in Spain. >>

I checked this text before and did not find a reference there (caveat: I only
checked the indices for entries like "mala aurea" and the like"; maybe there are
unindexed references).

There is an article on the correspondence of Dalechamps in Viator (1977).
Anybody has access? He was trained in Montpellier and worked in Lyon later.

E.