[Sca-cooks] was OT - G'day Lords and Ladies and more on pies - now beer

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Sat Jan 29 22:51:26 PST 2011

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 09:57:38 -0500
From: Elaine Koogler <kiridono at gmail.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] OT - G'day Lords and Ladies and more on pies

It has been a very long time since I lived in Papua New Guinea and lived
amongst a number of Aussies and New Zealanders...but when I was there,
Fosters was very popular, along with Victoria Bitters.  It was a real
eye-opener as to how much more alcoholic VB was than most European or
American brews!

Kiri

Yeah well it probably was once, but now apparently the decent Fosters is
only sold as export, and the stuff sold here under the Fosters label is
rubbish. Or so I've been told, as I don't actually drink beer. But I can't
say I've seen many people actually drinking it. Most people drink their
'local' eg VB in Victoria, Coopers here, and XXXX in Queensland. But
boutique beers are becoming more popular here.

Angharad