[Sca-cooks] Apicus (5th C Roman) Translation - A Real EbookTranslation into English

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Mon Jan 31 09:37:47 PST 2011

Platina used the Martino for the last five books of De Honesta.
He used other sources (ancient - there are some Apicius references as well as Galen, etc. and some more current humoral theory).
The last five books are really close to Arte della Cucinca except that Latin is not the best cooking language so it is sometimes interesting! :)
The Art of Cooking seems to use multiple Martino Sources for the translation.

Eduardo

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.net