[Sca-cooks] Help me drink beer (semi-OT)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 20:01:00 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Saint Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:
> Should have asked me, Brighid ;-)

I am asking you -- and all the other fine gentles on this list.  :-)

> I'm betting that the flavor you don't like is the hops, which tend to
> be pretty bitter.

Very likely.

> Suggest you try to find a gruited ale.

*begins a Google search*

> Someone else will have to tell you which commercial brews are gruited-
> I usually get mine from assorted friends at Pennsic. Can maybe ask a
> friend if he's brewed any recently, and see about getting them to you.

That's kind of you, and maybe we can do some experimenting at Pennsic.
 Right now, I'm trying to identify some common Belgian brands that I
would enjoy and would be likely to find in a cafe or pub in Bruges or
Antwerp.  Gruit sounds like a strong possibility, and I wonder if a
fruit lambic might also work.

Brighid ni Chiarain