[Sca-cooks] OT - G'day Lords and Ladies

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 08:40:32 PST 2011

> *Insert generic Australian Greeting here*

G'day works for us non-Aussies. We equate that with the Texas "Howdy".

> I'm Tamsyn and I'm from Adelaide, South Australia. I haven't even gotten around
> to joining my local SCA yet (I don't thing they're really active until Uni goes
> back for the year anyway).

Welcome to the list. You don't have to be a member of the SCA to be here, in fact
there are several members who aren't. You just have to forgive some SCA specific
conversations at times.

> My persona will probably be from the south of Germany, late 14th / early 15th.

There is no need to hammer down any particular personna just yet. I started out as
an early 11th Century Swede and am currently a late 14th Century Duke Marcher Lord
in Wales. Look at all of it and find your real interests.

> I've learnt more this afternoon trawling through this mailing list than any of
> my googling attempts. Great list.

Yes, it is. There are some of the best minds I've ever encountered here and we are always
happy to help with a problem, hammer out details and welcome people. Rudeness is
strongly discouraged and facts are checked. :-)

If you have any questions please ask the list and any problems please contact me.

> Tamsyn

Welcome again,

Gunthar
Evil List Administrator