[Sca-cooks] oxtail soup

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Tue Jan 25 11:21:44 PST 2011

I can tell you that Oxtails are used to make the sauce for Beef Wellington-
we do that occasionally for parties, the sauce is made the day before, as it
is a 6 hr procedure; one year I had to hit three different meat vendors to
get one- the guys behind the counter said they were not in yet, as it was
not cold enough at that time of the year to be "Soup Season"
They are divided, spiced and roasted, then put into broth, wine and etc to
make stock; which is then further treated and reduced to make the actual
sauce..(we make lots and call it Magic sauce, as it is good on just about
anything, not just Beef wellington..oops,hungry now..)
Hope that helps, Betsy