[Sca-cooks] Yes It's Period and BBQ-Picnic-Potluck Feast Ideas

Gaylin Walli gaylinwalli at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 06:42:30 PDT 2011

I've been trolling through the archives and finding bits and pieces of
conversations, but not a real thread about two things I've been chatting
about with friends, recently. Two feast ideas that were recently bandied
about, one of which I know we've talked about in the distant past (but I
can't find in my archives) and one we've touch upon at times from other
angles.

Idea 1: At least in Michigan, there are traditional "picnic" or "church
social" or "bbq" foods (use the term that works for you best in your area).
What foods exist in the recipe corpus available to SCA cooks that remind you
of these dishes (e.g., macaroni and cheese).

Idea 2: When you first started getting interested in cooking, what were the
dishes where you boggled, thinking "WOW! I've been making that dish
*forever*. It's documentably period? Awesome!"

It's been interesting to see people's reactions in local, private
conversations and I'd love to hear people's conversations on them here too.

Iasmin