[Sca-cooks] OP, OT: Oz

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sun May 1 09:23:51 PDT 2011

Presumably, Oz and Australia are connected by the pronunciation of Aus, the
abbreviation for Australia, and Oz.

The connection is made stronger by the 2/22 Battalion band using "We're Off
to See the Wizard" as a march.  The phrase "we're off to see the wizard" was
used in the Australian Army during WWII to mean "we're going into combat."

I'd say the movie made a big impression down under.

Bear