[Sca-cooks] Dijon Mustard?

CHARLES POTTER basiliusphocas at hotmail.com
Sun May 1 11:29:30 PDT 2011

I used Italian Weights And Measures From The Middle Ages To The Nineteenth Century by Ronald Edward Zupko and the weights I give are for Ferrara Italy in period .  I think the sugar water is say one cup of sugar to one cup of water which with modern sugar you just mix till it is clear, but in period they would have boiled the sugar and water and skimmed the
scum from the top and when it was clear it was done.  For the recipe you would then use 345g of clear sugar water mixed with the spices.

                                                 Master B