[Sca-cooks] Food, glorious food! (mostly OOP)

Antonia di B C dama.antonia at gmail.com
Sun May 22 01:48:31 PDT 2011

On 22/05/2011 7:04 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> <<< Our minds play a powerful role in how we perceive the food we
> eat.  In
> Argentina in the early '60s, my fellow students happily ate "sesos y
> huevos revueltos".  The latter, scrambled eggs, I would have eaten.
> Unfortunately for me, I knew what "sesos" were - brains. >>>
>
> Lol. My lady wife seemed to like calamari, until a waiter told her it
> was octopus or squid. Now she won't touch it.

I'm afraid I just don't get that kind of thinking... surely if it's
delicious, it's delicious.

I looked up a recipe for scrambled eggs and brains-- it actually sounds
pretty good to me.

> So does anyone know of any other recipes I should add to the
> organ-meats-msg file in the Florilegium? Can you even buy brains these
> days? Or is that a prohibited item to sell, like lungs?

I'll have to see what I can find.

I don't know about US regulations, but I think around here I can still
get frozen lambs' brains, and fresh hogs' brains if I ask the butcher
for some, but sheeps' lungs are off the market completely, which rather
spoils my haggis-making dreams.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo