[Sca-cooks] The Naming of Names - slightly OOP

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu May 26 00:26:33 PDT 2011

<<< Devra, seneschal of the lovely Canton of Brokenbridge - and
Brooklyn is a borough of NYC, not of Manhattan.... Five Boroughs for
the Elven Kings Under the Sky...>>>

Yes, sorry. I should have said "Ostgardr" rather than Manhattan. Are
each of the five boroughs, cantons?

Does the Province{?} of Ostgardr consist of just the five boroughs/
cantons?  And what is an SCA "province"? How does it vary from a
barony or a principality?

I seem to remember Adamantius mentioning some of this in the past, but
I may not have saved it.

I did recently create this new Florilegium file:
SCA-Grp-Types-msg (8K) 4/16/11 Types of official local SCA groups.
Shires, Baronies, Palatine Baronies, Colleges, Ships, Cantons,
dominions etc.

But so far, it mainly has comments about Palatine Baronies.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com