[Sca-cooks] in re Ostgardr, The Naming of Names - slightly OT

Carol Smith eskesmith at hotmail.com
Thu May 26 08:04:14 PDT 2011

The Crown Province of Ostgardr is the founding area of the East Kingdom.  It consists of the five boroughs of New York City (Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island), Nassau County (western Long Island), Westchester County, Duchess County, and part of Putnam County (all above the Bronx).  We do not have baron/baroness, but viceroy/vicereine.  In all other respects, we are considered the equivalent of a barony, and are "first among equals" (my Latin is too rusty to provide the proper quote).

Devra the Baker is even older in the Society than I am, and could probably give you more information on the founding of the East Kingdom.  She was already a member when I joined for the first time.

Regards,
Brekke Franksdottir

> From: StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
> To: sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org