[Sca-cooks] SCA placenames

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu May 26 00:43:00 PDT 2011

De said:

<<< I had heard a similar story about Coeur d'Ennui (Des Moines, IA)
but the phrase was "nor do we". Their coat of arms is Argent, a laurel
wreath vert within eight boars' heads couped in annulo gules (i.e.
boar ring) >>>

What I have on them is:

<<< moore at mari.acc.stolaf.edu (Michael Moore) writes:
 >Coeur d'Ennui (Heart of Boredom) has a device with seven or so
Boar's heads

 >in a circle. (Boar-Ring)

Isn't their war cry: "Boar-Ring!"? >>>

And

<<< > Coeur d'Ennui (Heart of Boredom) has a device with seven or so
Boar's heads

 > in a circle. (Boar-Ring)

Eight, I think, but yes. >>>

Now that I sound out the name, that does make sense. I had assumed
that "Coeur d'Ennui" was French or something for "Boar's Heart" or
some such.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com