[Sca-cooks] The Naming of Names - slightly OOP

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat May 28 14:53:17 PDT 2011

Stefan wrote:
> Which are the groups in the West which are provinces? I do remember
> hearing that most people in the Mists played at a principality level
> rather than at a baronial level, so this makes more sense now.

We only do it to annoy because we know it teases:
we have the Province of the Mists
and
the Principality of the Mists.
The Province of the Mists, where the SCA began, is within the Principality of the Mists.
In the Principality of the Mists is also the Province of Southern Shores.

The Principality of the Mists has 13 active branches (two others, both Colleges, are dormant for the moment).

The other principality in the central West Kingdom is the Principality of Cynagua (a pun i believe...)
It contains the Province of Golden Rivers (Sacramento CA)
and
the Province of Silver Desert (Reno/Sparks, Nevada)

Our third Principality, that of Oertha - that is, Alaska - has, to the best of my knowledge, no provinces.
--
Urtatim [that's err-tah-TEEM]
the persona formerly known as Anahita