[Sca-cooks] salt trenchers

brooke white traumspindel at googlemail.com
Mon May 2 06:40:42 PDT 2011

I know nothing of slat trenchers, but  I highly doubt from my baking bread
experiences that if you make a true bread dough as oposed to a pie dough
that simply making a depression will hold through the baking process, you
might like to try to simply punch one or two holes in an uncooked egg (after
THROUGHLY cleaning the shell, or even better get the pasteurized shell eggs,
but scrubbing should do the job just fine, it may also be smart to put a
tiny little bit of fat onto the shell so that is comes out easier) if you
don't tend to bake the breads overly hot, you should be able to punch the
egg in (raw, still in shell) and then take out again after baking and
yes,then you have a few cooked eggs at hand,but if you cook feast...I
hassard trhe guess you might be able to use those ;)

good luck in any case
Elisande