[Sca-cooks] First feast menu

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed May 4 02:06:25 PDT 2011

Theadora gave her proposed first feast menu.
<<< Honey Glazed Ham with Prune Sauce or Lombard Mustard>>>

What is your recipe for the Prune Sauce. Part of me says, don't risk
it, I'll take the Lombard Mustard. Another part says "that prune sauce
might be good on the ham." :-)

<<< Lihammurakipperas - Finnish Meatloaf >>>

Is this from a period recipe? Or more of a traditional dish?  I don't
remember much discussion of Finnish food here. Recipe? This might be
nice to make at home.

<<< Cazuela de salmon- Salmon baked with Pine Nuts, Raisins & Herbs >>>

This sounds like something I could do. What is your recipe for this?

<<< Pickled and raw vegetables >>>

Is this a "compost"? Or some other pickled vegetables? Is this all
pickled? Or are you mixing various pickled vegetables with other, raw
vegetables?

Just in case you haven't seen it, here is the compost file in the
Florilegium. I've made this for a Crown Luncheon.

compost-msg (88K) 12/ 1/09 A pickled food of fruits and vegetables.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/compost-msg.html

Most of the work for a compost, or probably actually for your pickled
vegetables is done ahead, minimizing the work the day of the feast. I
think this is quite a feast, especially as your first one, so the more
you can do ahead, the better.

<<< Gesufel Hlaf - Spice Loaf with cream >>>

Recipe? Is this period or traditional? This sounds yummy, too.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com