[Sca-cooks] Saucy Thoughts

Daniel Myers dmyers at medievalcookery.com
Sun May 15 13:27:10 PDT 2011

I didn't find anything in the books I have access to.  Mind you, for
Germanic languages I need to rely on the translations of others.

The closest one I found was this Danish recipe:

XCII - A good sauce for steak (roast). Take finely chopped almond. Give
thereto grated simle and grate it fine and small together. Make it up
with wine and give to it ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg. Make it sweet
or sour as it suits yourself, and put it out with the roast.  [Koge Bog
(Denmark, 1616)]

- Doc