[Sca-cooks] SCA placenames

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu May 26 07:45:30 PDT 2011

You are incorrect.  Namron was formally organized in April 1977 and filed
for Shire status in May.  Northkeep claims 1 May 1976 as the date of it's
founding.  I have no idea when they filed for formal status.  The
Principality of Ansteorra was formally elevated by the BoD 13 September
1977.  The groups in Oklahoma were not involved in the organization of
Ansteorra, but they were there and they were incorporated into Ansteorra by
Koris Natterhelm and the BoD.

There was a preceding group in the Del City/Midwest City area that was in
existence at roughly the same time (as near as I can determine) as Ansteorra
was founded.  Most of its members were Air Force and the group folded as
people were rotated out.  I've tried to find more precise information over
the years without much success.

Bear