[Sca-cooks] Medieval German "whoopie pies"???

wheezul at canby.com wheezul at canby.com
Fri Sep 2 10:12:05 PDT 2011

She might be extrapolating from 'krapfen' recipes.  However, there are the
'gefullte oblaten' recipes that are wafers filled with marzipan, or figs
and raisin, or cherry sauce and then fried.  It's *sorta* like a filled
cookie, especially if you are using a spiced wafer.

You can read about my analysis of all the recipes I could find here:

http://jillwheezul.livejournal.com/224339.html

If I could find anything like cakes with cream in them in a medieval
cookbook I would be all cookie monster on that! Gefullte oblaten are
wonderfully delish but are a long way from a whoopie pie tho.  I too have
a horrible sweet tooth :)

Katherine